The Links brings you the very best in PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings and FanDuel, or just Fantasy Golf in general. Hours are spent researching PGA Statistics, Rankings, and picking the best players for both DraftKings and FanDuel, so you can dominate in PGA DFS this week. This is a weekly article and one of our pieces of cornerstone content to the site. PGA is basically a 12 month a year sport, and we’ll give you a weekly article to help you dominate. This week we look at the Bermuda Championship.
PGA DFS Focus Stat Categories: Strokes Gained: Approach, Birdes Averaged/Gained.
Checkout our Control Towers for tons of relevant statistics you can use for PGA DFS Contests this week, including our custom projections and grades.
Also be sure to checkout our PGA Optimizers!
Mile High Overview
The Bermuda Championship is this week, and if you’re a casual fan of golf….I’m sorry. This tournament, while at an absolutely gorgeous location, is a huge dud. It’s worsened this year by the fact that the Masters is 2 weeks away, and barely anyone with a ticket to that, wanted to risk playing here. So we get the likes of Brendan Todd, Harold Varner, and Will Zalortis. If you’re a deep golf fan, you’ll enjoy this because it’ll be a chance to see an off name guy get a win. (Brendan Todd won last year with an awesome -9 final round.
The course doesn’t really demand anything of the players, its pretty easy overall, and scores will top -20 for the winner this week. Look for guys who score a ton of DK points, you’ll need that this week. Scores might not be as crazy high as last week, but that’s only because this is an actual cut event.
PGA DFS Cash Core for the Bermuda Championship:
This section is not my favorite plays, but rather guys who should be chalky in cash games. They may or may not align with my plays below them.
FanDuel PGA Cash Picks for the Bermuda Championship:
DraftKings PGA Cash Picks for the Bermuda Championship:
Hole in One:
My pick to win this weeks’ Bermuda Championship
Harold Varner III
A lot of attention this week is going to go to Will the thrill Zalortis. I get it, but to be honest, I’m not 100% buying all his hype. The guys a very good golfer, but paying this price for him this weekend implies I think he wins…and I don’t. Harold Varner has been flirting with victory on and off for the last 2 years running on the PGA Tour. Picking him to win, frankly, could be a stupid decision on my part, but logic also tells me, he has to break through eventually. Why not here? It’s a super weak field, and he’s in good form. It’s risky, but frankly, so are all the guys above 10k.
Best of the 10k+ Range on DraftKings PGA.
Doc Redman / Will Zalortis / Brendan Todd
- Doc Redman is a very interesting piece for me. He tends to play pretty well on bermudagrass, and he can be downright deadly on “easy” courses. He birdies, ALOT. He’s also shown an ability to hang around the top 10/25 region in strong fields…so in this weak field, he could log a top 5 or even a win.
- Will the Thrill…I don’t know what to say. He reminds me a lot of Scottie Scheffler a little over a year ago. I won’t be shocked if the guy wins this weekend, but just think he has to go through some more growing pains on tour first. He’s going to be a long term fixture on tour, that much I feel good about. He’s been scoring well on DK..but I’m not sure he can score well enough this week to pay off his lofty salary.
- Brendan Todd is the defending champion of this event, and went a stunning -24 last year to do so. I’ll play some Todd, but I’ll also say this…watching him, and even looking at his statistics…his game is going the wrong way. This will go one of 2 ways this week, either he competes and gets his mojo back…or he completely falls apart.
Best of the 9-10k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Kristoffer Ventura / Denny McCarthy / Charley Hoffman / Peter Malnati
- Ventura is absolutely my favorite play of this tournament dollar for dollar. He is a fantastic putter, but his approach game is a bit shaky which is why he might not pop on a ton of models this weekend. There’s also some guys around him who usually see some ownership. Ventura could be a sleeper pick this weekend, and is definitely one of my favorites.
- Denny McCarthy is also a phenomenal putter, and has shown good form on Bermudagrass courses. He is very hit or miss though, so he’s always someone you need to be careful with. He can finish top 10, but can also miss a cut just as easily.
- Charley charley charley…the old timer. He’s logged 2 top 15’s in his last 3 appearances, but missed the cut in the other. Another one of those “this guy wouldn’t be 9700 any other week except this week” type guys. He’s expensive, and its hard to pay this much…but in a weak field, you can play a guy who can win.
Best of the 8-9k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Henrik Norlander / Scott Piercy / Adam Schenk / Justin Suh
- Truly highlighting this fields overall “blah”-ness is the fact that the 8k range is relatively bad this weekend. Norlander certainly sticks out, because he’s flashed very high upside in the past 6 months. His best surface is bermuda, so hopefully he can make this price work this weekend. The upside is a win…the downside, like most others, is a missed cut.
- Scott Piercy and Adam Schenk….ugh. Is it time for Augusta yet?
Best of the 7-8k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Jhonatthan Vegas / Sepp Straka / Brice Garnett / Stewart Cink
- Augusta time?
- Anyway, this week SCREAMS MME in contests because of the high risk players up and down the board, but to be honest, I was shocked in this field that Straka wasn’t over 8k. He’s been doing okay, and has flashed very high upside. He’s my favorite 7k play this weekend. Garnett and Vegas, similarly, flash very high upside, at times….and so they’re in consideration for me also.
Best Punts for this weekends contests, 7k and below on DraftKings and below 9k on FanDuel PGA.
The Bermuda Championship gives us a very rich 6k range this week…enjoy!