The Links brings you the very best in PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings and FanDuel, or just Fantasy Golf in general. Hours are spent researching PGA Statistics, Rankings, and picking the best players for both DraftKings and FanDuel, so you can dominate in PGA DFS this week. This is a weekly article and one of our pieces of cornerstone content to the site. PGA is basically a 12 month a year sport, and we’ll give you a weekly article to help you dominate. This week we look at the CJ Cup.
PGA DFS Focus Stat Categories: Strokes Gained: Approach, Scoring Par 5, Birdie or Better Average
Checkout our Control Towers for tons of relevant statistics you can use for PGA DFS Contests this week, including our custom projections and grades.
Also be sure to checkout our PGA Optimizers!
Mile High Overview
The CJ Cup returns this week, and while this tournament tends to have a bad rep for being boring, this years field should actually be pretty entertaining in my view. Having DJ, JT, Xander, Rory, Rahmbo and more here is just going to make this a very entertaining watch. Shadow Creek is the host course for this weekend, it’s an absolutely gorgeous course to look at visually, maintains a decent challenge for these players, and can’t necessarily be overpowered by long hitters. It does require some accuracy, and will cause some high risk high reward decision making that can make or break rounds. There’s also no relevance to looking at course history here, ….because there is none!
PGA DFS Cash Core for CJ Cup:
This section is not my favorite plays, but rather guys who should be chalky in cash games. They may or may not align with my plays below them.
FanDuel PGA Cash Picks:
- Matthew Wolff
- Harris English
DraftKings PGA Cash Picks:
- Matthew Wolff
- Joaquin Niemann
- Harris English
Hole in One:
My pick to win this weeks’ CJ Cup
Super tough field this week, so picking a winner is a true toss up. There’s about 8 guys I wanted to put here, but I settled on Rahm. His approach game hasn’t been spectacular of late, which is kind of odd. Despite all that, he’s still Top 10 in the field in ball striking. I see him going very under the radar this week as people consider saving money on the slightly cheaper and just as dangerous options this week. He’s every bit as dangerous, and he’s a proven winner. He’s also got the 5th most DK points over the last 24 rounds. So even though he’s been “off”, he hasn’t really been.
Best of the 10k+ Range on DraftKings PGA.
Rory McIlroy / Justin Thomas / Matthew Wolff
- McIlroy is ever present and ever dangerous. His play has been sporadic at best of late, in fact, he’s the only of the 10k+ crowd to NOT be in the Top 10 in DK Points recently. I love Rory anytime he’s below 11k, but to be honest, he should be more around 9k right now, just based on recent play. I never rule him out on courses where par 5 scoring matters, as no one seems to eagle as well as he does.
- Justin Thomas was arguably the best golfer on tour last year, right up there with DJ. It’s easy to fall in love with other names, but as far as winning goes, JT is up there with the likes of Jack and Tiger in terms of wins at his age. What does all that mean for this week? It means, as always, he’s a threat to win the CJ Cup.
- Matthew Wolff is probably the most entertaining player on tour, and I’d argue since the season reset in September, he’s been the best golfer going. He’s got a pair of 2nd place finishes, he almost won a US Open, and was in a playoff last weekend for the Shriners. He scores on DK as well as anyone. Make no mistake though, he WILL be chalky this weekend. He’s been playing better than a 10k price.
Best of the 9-10k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Viktor Hovland/ Hideki Matsuyama / Tyrell Hatton / Collin Morikawa
- Hovland is a bit of an enigma. Nothing he does statistically jumps off the page at you, he’s just pretty darn good at everything, and always seems to hover near the top of leaderboards. He’s another guy who, like Rory, is a threat on par 5’s constantly due to his length and accuracy on long approaches.
- Hideki Matsuyama continues to flirt with the idea of winning again, but continues to fall short. He comes in Top 10 in Strokes Gained approach and Strokes gained Tee to Green over the last 24 rounds.
- Tyrell Hatton is fresh off a win last weekend, and as we saw much earlier this year, he doesn’t take his foot off the gas pedal after winning. He’s our highest graded golfer this week, and for good reason, he does everything very very well. His putter is what separates him most weeks, if that thing gets hot…watch out.
Best of the 8-9k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Harris English / Sergio Garcia / Scottie Scheffler / Sungjae Im
- English continues to surprise me, I spent a lot of time last year doubting the guy, wondering when he’d fall back to earth, and he just never did. In the mid 8’s this week, he’s an absolute bargain. I have him in the top half of this field in every single category. He can win, although its not likely. At his price though a Top 20 will do, and he’s more than capable of that. A top 20 prop bet on English doesn’t sound too bad this week either.
- Sergio Garcia is a winner again on the PGA Tour. I simply can’t believe that based on where his game was just about a year ago. But man, he’s really transformed his game….still not sure how I feel about the closed eye putting though. Nonetheless, I don’t see a reason to believe he slows down this week.
Best of the 7-8k Range on DraftKings PGA.
Jason Kokrak/ Brian Harman / Joaquin Niemann / Paul Casey
- Brian Harman has been playing amazing golf of late, and we get him at a superb discount this week due to the smaller field. All that being said, this could go one of 2 ways, either he struggles with the length of this course, or he dominates with accuracy and putting. I really like him, but do expect him to be pretty popular when ownership projections come out.
- Paul Casey is always a fun one to play in these loaded tournaments, because he tends to flirt with greatness before ripping your heart out in the final round. He’s another guy I wouldn’t mind seeing a top 20 prop bet on.
Best Punts for this weekends contests, 7k and below on DraftKings and below 9k on FanDuel PGA.